In case you haven’t yet heard, we are huge on education at The Wrap Show! We’re so excited to offer 15 minute sessions with highly trained babywearing consultants at the show. For £10, you can get expert, one-on-one advice to learn a front carry, fix a back carry, or even help with getting the most out of your new carrier. Who is our team of 8? Check out their bios here and sign up for your slot today.
What is a babywearing consultant?
- Aishah is a mother of a 3-year-old boy, an engineer by background with a passion in babywearing. She is a certified consultant from Trageschule UK & the founder of HappyFluffy, a babywearing shop based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. She loves to teach how to wear a baby especially to beginners, with a structured step-by-step approach, like a typical engineer mom!
- Becky has been a sling consultant since 2011, having trained with Trageschule (Certified), Je Porte Mon Bebe, and Slingababy, and has also run the North London Sling Library for almost 5 years. She has a broad range of experience covering all types of sling, and in her consultancy focuses foremost on mastering the basics. Becky is mum to a 7 year old boy who was carried from birth to preschool, and is passionate about supporting local parents to carry their children safely and comfortably.
- Colleen is a Slingababy trained consultant based in Surrey. She runs Little Bears Babywearing. Colleen is a mom to two little ones aged 5yrs and 2yrs. She has been carrying her children since they were little. She has a passion for babywearing and consults on all types of slings and carriers but has a particular interest in toddler carrying and normalising the carrying of older children.
- Hannah is a babywearing consultant trained with Slingababy, currently working as part of Wear My Baby, and running Harrow Sling Library on a voluntary basis. She is passionate about making babywearing easy and accessible to all.
- Lizzie is a former primary school teacher and mum of two who trained as a consultant with School of Babywearing in 2015 after discovering slings with her first baby. She set up and ran Oslo Sling Library in Norway for 18 months before returning to the UK, having another baby and setting up Sling Start. She loves teaching people about slings and making their lives a little bit easier!
- Madeline is Trageschule trained consultant and babywearing mother of 2, carrying her children has shaped her as a mother – giving her freedom, sanity and the ability to hold them close as they grow! She became a consultant and set up Sheen Slings as she simply loves helping others gain confidence carrying their own little ones, helping them find the right tool they need in their own personal journey.
- Mel has trained as a consultant with School of Babywearing and runs Wrap a Hug, a sling consultancy and library specialised in woven wraps as well as Sling Social East London. She is mum to a 3 year old little boy who has been carried from birth. She became a consultant to pass on her passion and knowledge of babywearing to parents and accompanies them in their babywearing journey.
- Caroline is a Sling Consultant, a Speech and Language Therapist and mother to Isla (aged 5) and Iona (aged 22 months). Caroline trained with Trageschule, Slingababy and the L’école à Porter Training School. She runs the Sling Stop in London.